"If your intestines are not feeling happy, every cell in your body can feel sad and you will not feel up to par." Doris Rapp, MD
People with food allergies & leaky gut claim to feel so much better after cleansing their colon with colonics & especially our 8-Day Cleansing program (which is more long-term)... & then immediately going on a rotation diet or an eating plan that eliminates the foods you are allergic too.
If you don't know what foods you are allergic to or think you may have food allergies, I highly recommend that you see an MD that specializes in Environmental Science, such as my doctor...Dr. Ronald Wempen, MD in Irvine, CA, or Doris Rapp, MD in AZ... or you can look for one on the American Academy of Environmental Medicine http://www.aaemonline.org/
By Doris Rapp, MD
Clues that you might have a food allergy:
* Dry, cracked lips
* Red rash around mouth
* Bloating shortly after eating
* Belching or rectal gas after eating. (What you taste is a suspect clue)
* Bad breath (This is often due to milk, eggs or wheat)
* Dark black, blue or red eye circles
* Bags under the eyes
* Wrinkles under the eyes
* Nose wiggling or rubbing
* A horizontal wrinkle across the bridge of the nose
* Sneezing in bouts
* A mottled tongue with bald island-like patches
The following are physical clues that are common, but not recognized as being caused by foods or other allergenic exposures.
* Abnormally bright red or hot earlobes
* Abnormally red cheeks
* Wiggly legs
* Tics, twitches, epilepsy, seizures
* Painful swollen joints or arthritis
* Swollen skin over knuckles
* Muscle aches
Have typical allergies such as hay fever, asthma, eczema or hives? Food allergies can be missed as causes of these problems…
Have close relatives who have these illnesses? Have many other allergies, for example, to dust, molds, pollen or chemicals? Many with allergies, in time, develop sensitivities to all of these. Have symptoms of food allergy that typically occur within about 15 to 60 minutes? If the allergy is extremely severe, changes can be noted in seconds. Some symptoms, however, routinely take a bit more time, 24 to 36 hours to before they develop and appear.
* eczema or an itchy rashes, especially in the arm creases
* ear infections (otitis) or fluid behind the ear drums
* aphthous inner cheek ulcers
* bed wetting
* joint tenderness
* irritable bowel
* Crohn’s disease
* ulcerative colitis
Have many unresolved chronic digestion problems? These can be totally caused by unrecognized food allergies.
* Halitosis (think wheat, eggs and dairy)
* constipation (think milk and dairy)
* reflux (belching)
* rectal gas
* recurrent diarrhea or constipation
Do you have other common frequently unrecognized clues of allergy?
* Notice pain in bones around eyes (suggesting chronic sinus infections secondary to chronic untreated nose allergy).
* Have felt itchy hives that look like mosquito bite on their body after eating. Your lips swell, or the inside of your mouth tingles or gets itchy before or immediately after you eat.
* Not felt really good for years and no one knows why.
* Have so many symptoms that no one believes you.
* Have symptoms from some food even though you only were exposed to a speck of it. Some foods can be so allergenic that the smell of the food or from kissing someone who has just eaten that food can causes sudden illness.
* Have binged on some food item and then become ill. Most people with a serious food allergy have a specific tolerance for how much of a problem food they can ingest without having symptoms. For example, one child might be sensitive to a teaspoon of milk, but for others one drop or three cups might be their limit. On holidays many binge on well-liked foods. The answer is to pay closer attention.
* Have bad breath in spite of no dental on teeth problems.
Think you could not be allergic to certain foods because someone told you they cannot cause your particular symptoms. Many times the person’s observations are absolutely correct. Parents sometimes know the cause of illness and tell their doctors but they are convinced by others they must be wrong.
* Wet the bed most nights. Suspect fruit juice, milk, dyes and soda pop.
* Have restless sleep awakening with a messy bed in the morning
* Become exceedingly sleepy or suddenly unconscious after eating certain meals or the smell of certain foods..
* Recurrent infection secondary to allergies that cause tissues to swell so germs can invade more easily causing recurrent ear, sinus and chest infections.
* Perplexing sudden inexplicable changes in your personality, such as aggression, anger, vulgarity or depression that happens shortly after eating.
* Find you have times when you cannot speak clearly or normally. Suddenly totally lose your voice..
* Feel inordinately depressed. Have you or your child felt life is “not worth it” and or even tried suicide?
Allergies commonly cause this. Sometimes it is a food but it can also commonly be caused by pollen, molds or chemicals, in particular.
* Have an armful of bite marks because of your “out of control” food allergic child? Mothers never complain but “mother battering” is a very common complaint.
* Intermittently find you suddenly become untouchable, try to hide in tight dark corners, recoil, pull away, scream when touched or try to cover your face with your hair..
* Many times parents, especially mothers, are blamed because a child cannot be controlled.
* Many find there are times when you cannot think clearly or feel like your head is ballooned or unclear.
Food allergies can change how you feel, act, behave, walk, talk and/or think!
wo.If you or your child have a number of the above symptoms and no one seems to be able to explain why, it is possible that a short diagnostic or therapeutic food diet can provide the answer. Many thousands have been helped, often in a week or less.
People who have these sorts of problems have often perplexed one well-qualified medical specialist after another and spent an enormous amount of money without finding the cause or their illness or what can permanently help them feel better.
The "BIG FIVE" will give you specific accurate solutions that everyone else has missed...
1. WATCH: Your behavior or activity
When there is a characteristic change in how you or your child felt, acted, or behaved.
2. WATCH: Your appearance
When was there a characteristic warning change in how you looked? Red earlobes, dark eye circles, nose rubbing, throat clearing, wiggly legs, lip licking and itchy skin are all typical clues that say watch out. Some allergy symptoms have just started.
3. WATCH: Your pulse
If your pulse becomes irregular or too fast after a chemical or allergenic exposure, your entire body has gone into an alarm state because your total blood circulation or heart has been affected. In others, only the blood pressure that is affected. You can either take medications for years, or find the cause and eliminate it so drugs might not be necessary.
4. WATCH: Your breathing
If your breathing is fine, skip this one. If, however, it becomes more difficult to breathe or your Peak Flow Meter (PFM)* reading drops, this indicates your lungs have been affected by some exposure. A PFM simply is a hollow plastic tube with a gauge on it that moves when you blow into it. With it, you can measure how easily you breathe air from your lungs. (For more helpful details about the “Big Five,” see chapter 3 of "Is This Your Child" or check out "Is This Your Child's World?" at www.drrapp.com.
5. WATCH: Your handwriting
If your handwriting or drawing suddenly deteriorates, your nervous system and brain have been affected. Ask why? What did you eat, touch or smell?
Always think in terms of what was eaten, touched, or smelled just prior to the onset of any significant activity, medical, emotional, learning or memory problem.
Most environmental or allergy symptoms are due to:
Something inside your home, school, or work area
Something outside your home, school, or work area
Foods or beverage
So check out the Big Five. (Look, feel, pulse, breathing and handwriting). Determine for yourself which of the above are related to some change in your behavior, activity, appearance, pulse, handwriting or breathing, You, like thousands of others, can find answers from cause and effect relationships. Eliminate the cause and there is nothing to treat. This will save you money, time and possibly a lifetime of discomfort and medications.
THIS IS A VERY KEY POINT:
Most foods and inside or outside contacts cause symptoms within an hour. However, some delayed food and mold symptoms can occur in 8 to 24 hours after an exposure. This makes it more difficult to readily see cause and effect, relationships associated with the onset of eczema, bed-wetting, mouth ulcers, colitis or bowel disturbances, and arthritis, for example. Simply knowing this, however, will greatly help you pinpoint even these culprits. In contrast, chemicals typically cause illness within minutes.
We keep our costs down by not having a receptionist, so online appointment scheduling is fastest. However, if you have any questions or want to call to book your appt, please feel free to call or text us at 714-472-5617. Thank you!